Third Centenary of Foundation of the Passionist Congregation
Our Passionist Congregation is celebrating the 300th anniversary of the founding of the Passionists. St. Paul of the Cross, our Founder, wrote the first Rule of the Passionists during his 40-day retreat in 1720. The theme of the Jubilee Year is “Renewing Our Mission.” The Passionist Family is asked to:
- Remember the past with thanksgiving to the God who has blessed us (gratitude);
- Faithfully read the signs of the times and find new ways to evangelize through the lens of Jesus’ Passion (prophecy); and
- Discern God’s plans and promises for a meaningful future (hope).
- Explanation of the Icon Symbols
- Praying Before the Jubilee Icon
- Explanation of Jubilee Logo
- Jubilee Song
- Jubilee Prayer – English
- Other resources can be found on the Passionist Congregational Website.