Long Term Volunteer Opportunity
Tobar Mhuire Retreat and Conference Centre is fully-equipped retreat facility run by the Passionist Order. Tobar Mhuire is located in the village of Crossgar, just 20 miles south of Belfast. The Centre has recently been renovated and has only been reopened since September 2011. As Tobar Mhuire seeks to expand its retreat offerings and establishes itself as a vibrant retreat centre in Ireland, there is an opening for full-time volunteers to join the retreat team beginning mid-August 2013.
There are two core elements to this position:
1. Continuing to create and develop a youth and young adult ministry program
2. Helping in the day-to-day running of the retreat center
· Create and implement day and/or weekend school retreats for students ages 11-18
· Developing the Young Passionist Volunteers, an outreach and service programme for
· Implement immersion/service trips for US colleges and universities
· Work with retreat team to create and implement retreats, days/evenings of
reflections, and special events
· Continue to develop the long term volunteer program at Tobar Mhuire
· Advertise and market retreats, groups, and special events
· Maintain and continually develop Tobar Mhuire’s social media networking sites
· Work at the reception desk and help in the kitchen.
· Master’s degree in Theology, Pastoral Ministry or its equivalent
· Relevant experience in retreat ministry and/or working with young people
· Demonstrate an ability to be flexible and creative when implementing new ideas
· Ability to work flexible hours
· Music skills an advantage
Volunteers with be compensated with room and board, health and driving insurance, as well as a weekly stipend.
For more information about Tobar Mhuire visit www.tobarmhuirecrossgar.com. For more information about the opening, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for 3 references.
Applications will be accepted until the end of March 2013